Virtualization has emerged as a principal enabler of data center efficiency, but it is not a turnkey process. It requires careful consideration and planning to ensure successful deployments. In this e-book, learn the virtualization essentials that can make your environments run smoothly and cost effectively.
Many of today's storage managers are well versed in virtual server storage and its benefits. But they are also growing familiar with the host of unique challenges, efficiencies and trouble spots associated with storage for VMware environments. With a clear understanding of the complexity these environments can mask, data storage managers can reap the promised benefits associated with VMware projects.
This e-book offers practical tips and expert analysis on topics such as migration, thin provisioning and vStorage APIs. We outline VMware architectural choices; offer performance monitoring and maintenance tips; and outline specific troubleshooting steps for profile-driven storage and storage I/O control. Use this e-book to outline your VMware storage strategy and make the most of your virtualized environment.
Related E-Books from our network
View all E-Books from related TechTarget sites
- Presenting the pros and cons of server virtualization to management
- Server virtualization basics: Understanding the virtualization market
- Demystifying server virtualization deployment
- Virtualizing your Exchange Server: Fact vs. fiction
- Virtualization essentials to help your environments run smoothly
- View all E-Books
- Brian Madden Book: Today's VDI challenges and pitfalls
- Virtual desktop toolbox: Tips for performance monitoring tools and WAN optimization
- Laying the foundation for a virtual desktop implementation
- Key network considerations for virtual desktop infrastructure
- Desktop virtualization notes From Brian Madden
- View all E-Books